Pastoral Executive Assistant (12 -15 hours per week) Contract Position
Working most closely with the Lead Pastor, this person is the logistical and organizational glue of CapChurch, ensuring the smooth running and integration of all the working parts.
To the Governance Team as represented by Kim Pierrot in periodic reviews. The job is a 1-year term.
You embody our core values of Presence, Compassion and Generosity.
You are a team player who enjoys working with people and contributing to their success.
You take initiative to solve problems and resolve conflict.
You see what needs to be done before others do.
You are attentive to detail.
Good working knowledge of computers and basic software (Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint) (IT expertise an added bonus)
Exceptional organizational and people skills
Proven ability to design and implement efficient systems
Ministry Responsibilities / Priorities
- Administrative Support for Lead Pastor. (approx 5 hours/wk) Tasks include:
- Keeping track of LP’s work hours, expenses, generating reports for bookkeeper
- Overseeing approval of hours for contract employees
- Tracking ministry budgets
- Tracking Crim Rec Checks of all volunteers
- Taking minutes in meetings as requested by LP
- Sending cards and flowers as requested by LP
- Phone calls and email correspondence on LP’s behalf as requested
- Special projects as requested by LP
- “CapChurch Hub” aka Virtual Office. (approx. 5 hours/wk) Tasks include:
- Overseeing data management and tracking systems of the church through Planning Center database, keeping it updated with member info, generating reports, forms and sending bulk emails as needed
- Maintaining computer records, backups and maintenance.
- Checking phone and email messages, following through on all actions required
- Administering CapChurch email addresses
- Keeping track of passwords to various online accounts
- Managing and organizing storage locker
- Editing and producing annual Friendship List
- Editing and producing Annual Report
- Sunday Operations (approx. 4 hours, every other wk) Tasks include:
- Overseeing Cap’s use of rented facilities, being familiar with site policies, procedures and rental agreements, acting as liason through regular communication with facility manager.
- Coordinating setup for Sunday gatherings, including coordination of food (through volunteers, food trucks etc.) and, along with other staff, ensuring all volunteer teams are well resourced and running smoothly.
Administration of Job Description
All CapChurch staff are to be familiar with the Employee Handbook.
Please email CV/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.