For a conversation with kids and adults:
- What is a kingdom?
- What are some things that kings get to do that other people don’t get to do?
- Why would you want to be king?
- Why would you not want to be king?
- What is a good king like?
- What is a bad king like?
For group conversation:
- Why is the desire for an earthly kingdom, earthly power so common?
- How does the heaven/hell dichotomy play in your mind? Does it help or hurt your understanding of “God’s eternal kingdom”?
- How is the renewal of all things a hopeful eschatology as compared to the heaven and hell dichotomy?
- What does it mean to you that “all things will be united in Christ”?
- What do you think it means to say that “the Christian ought to be the most hopeful person in the room”?
- How have eschatologies of doom become prevalent from the right and from the left?
- What might it mean to pray with hope, “Thy Kingdom come”?