Before watching the video, read the text Matthew 6:19-24
Discussion questions; (choose any to address if your discussion includes children)
- What is so great about money?
- What is bad about money?
- Do you think that people who have a lot of money are considered to be successful?
- Describe some places you have been where you have seen people (maybe yourself) treated in special or fawning ways because of money or assumed wealth.
- What do you think that Jesus means when he says, “where rust and rot destroy and thieves break in and steal”?
How do wealth and money deteriorate?
- What do you think about the concept of vocation as a heavenly treasure?
- What is your response to the scarcity/abundance concept?
- How can you hear ”You can’t serve God and money” as pastoral?